Thursday, October 23, 2008


Racking Wine in Wisconsin - 2007 (OK. I'm in Arizona and my kitchen here is smaller but the process is pretty much the same.)


Word of the Day

Mathemagician - Someone who plays tricks with numbers.


Wining. It's been a week since I added the yeast to my buckets of wine. After breakfast, I hauled the buckets into the kitchen and starting racking the wines into fermentation vessels. A couple of years ago, I invested in a couple of 3 gallon water jugs from Water & Ice. They came in handy today. I wish I'd invested in the 5 gallon jugs. Oh well.... HTP helped my "drill" holes in the caps of the jugs this morning so that I could fit them with airlocks. One of my recipes of Pomegranate Wine (the one with white grape juice) yielded ~ 3 1/2 gallons of wine. I fit what fit into one of the 3 gallon water jugs and put the rest into a 1 gallon glass wine jug. The other batch of Pomegranate Wine (the one with the barley water) fit into the 3 gallon water jug. I used my 5 gallon fermentation bucket (the only one that I have here) for the Prickly Pear Wine. All of my wine is air-locked and ready to brew for the next month. It smells like wine in here. PHEWWW!!!!!!!

Murphyism of the Day

Brintnall's Law


If you are given two contradictory orders, obey them both.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

No man is justified in doing evil on the ground of expediency.

- Theodore Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

No comments: