Friday, October 10, 2008


Time to Take Gypsy to the Groomers

Word of the Day

Mahonkin - Humongous; extremely huge; so big that there is none larger.


The question was what to do with all the brown and ugly limes that had fallen off my lime tree...or those that were getting ready to drop. They were fine on the inside. When I cut into the tough or petrified skin brown skin, I found a juicy pale green interior. I juiced them all this morning...the ugly ones....(after I started the coffee and took care of Gypsy's needs). I ended up with 1 1/2 cups of lime juice. Yesterday, I found a recipe on the Internet for the Ultimate Margarita. Equal parts lime juice, tequila, and orange liqueur. Using my own Arancello in the recipe, I mixed up a pitcher of Ultimate Margaritas and stuck it in the fridge to chill. I probably won't actually get to drink any today. HTP and I are going out to eat tonight with a group of Sam's Town people. I'm limiting my alcohol intake. One drink per day. I'll have to be patient and wait until tomorrow to taste an Ultimate Margarita....just to see how it turned out. There's LOTS of limes on that tree. This may turn out to be a good and tasty way to use them. Though...I think I'll reserve some juice in the future to use for Ceviche.

Murphyism of the Day

Campbell's Maxim


Hell is the place where everything tests perfectly and nothing works.

Everybody believes in something and everybody, by virtue of the fact that they believe in something, use that something to support their own existence.

- Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

No comments: