Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Word of the Day

Meese - A group of moose.


Some of you may be wondering why I haven't posted any pictures on my last two blogs...and this one. I haven't posted any pictures because I haven't taken any new pictures. Every time I think about grabbing the camera and taking some pictures, something comes up to distract me. So...no new pictures. I actually had posted some older pictures but Sis told me that these pictures confused her. She told me that Gypsy looked the same as always after her operation. Actually, the pictures that I posted of Gypsy made her look exactly like when I took those photos, back in the Spring and also during the summer. She doesn't quite look like that now. She doesn't look much different but the hair on her right back leg was shaved so they could remove the hardware from her knee and they shaved spots on her front legs (think poodle cut) for the IV and the blood pressure cuff. It'll grow back in approximately six months...about the time I'll be heading back to The Lake.

Today Gypsy and I went back to the vet to have her stitches removed. Such a forgiving dog. She always wags her tail off, happy to greet the vet and all the techs. Today, she piddled on the floor, she was so excited (not scared....thrilled beyond measure to meet and greet). *sigh* I wish she'd outgrow this little idiosyncrasy. "NO! DON'T PET HER! SHE'LL.....DARN IT! Too late." *sigh*

HTP was confused that it took us less than an hour to go to and come back from the vet...on top of this I stopped to fill the gas tank on the car. I imagine that he thought I'd stop to do some shopping. It's too warm outside to leave Gypsy in the car while I go shopping. So...we're back...and today is laundry day. I get to wash all the towels that Gypsy barfed on the other day. Lucky me.

Murphyism of the Day

Fourth Law of Procrastination


Avoidance of interruptions including the assignment of other duties can usually be achieved so that the obviously stressed worker can concentrate on the single effort.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

One can survive everything, nowadays, except death, and live down everything except a good reputation.

- Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)

No comments: