Wednesday, October 29, 2008


Gypsy and Her "Frisbee"

Word of the Day

Meetnik - A person who enjoys meetings and other administrative events and tries to attend as many of them as possible.


The music director at our church stopped by last night to drop off some music for me. I'm playing at the church on Sunday. Some of this stuff I've played before but some of it? Looks like I need to do some practicing. LOTS of sharps. LOTS!!!!! Oh well...time to get the out. I'm not so good that I can look at an D-sharp and automatically my fingers reach for the E-flat. I haven't looked too closely but I suspect that I'll see a couple of double sharps. This stuff used to easier.

Gypsy and I have worn each other out already and we've only just finished breakfast. We took another training walk around the neighborhood. This usually takes about a half an hour but after we got back we played Frisbee out in the backyard. She doesn't actually catch the Frisbee (which isn't really a Frisbee) but she loves to fetch it after I've thrown it and sometimes play a bit of tug-a-war in between tosses and fetches. Oh...and she took all her toys out of her toy box...again..., chose one and insisted on playing fetch while I worked on my morning Sudoku.

Murphyism of the Day

Fifth Law of Procrastination


Procrastination avoids boredom; one never has the feeling that there is nothing important to do.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

An idea isn't worth that much. It's the execution of the idea that has value. If you can't convince one other person that this is something to devote your life to, then it's not worth it.

- Joel Spolsky

No comments: