Friday, October 31, 2008


Gypsy - October 31, 2008

Word of the Day

Meh - A multi-purpose response, primarily used to imply a degree of indifference. Tone of voice and circumstance often implies a meaning. Can be used when you don't want to answer an awkward or embarrassing question, or if you just plain have nothing else to say, and you want the other person to interpret the "meh" however he/she chooses. As in: Q: "What do you think of my new dress?" A: "Meh." or Q: "What do you want to do tonight?" A: "Meh."




Happy


Halloween


Everyone!



I didn't buy any candy. Yesterday I went out grocery shopping. Big mistake. I should have suspected something when I had a hard time finding a parking spot. Then, if that weren't enough of a clue, I had a really hard time finding a shopping cart. The grocery store was having a special Pre-Halloween Moonlight Madness party. The store was teeming with children in costumes. The aisles were clogged with tables that were set up for children to paint and carve pumpkins, decorate cookies, etc. etc. If that weren't enough, there were all kinds of people handing out samples of food. Again, LOTS OF CHILDREN!!!!! I only needed some plastic storage bags, some bread, some buns, some eggs, and some cleaning products. A really short shopping list with few coupons. I should have turned around before I even pulled into the parking lot. I'm amazed that I wasn't jibbering by the time I finally got through the checkout line. I didn't pick up any candy...even though it was REALLY on sale. And I've decided that free samples of food don't have any calories. However, I did buy some Doritos because the display was right there by the checkout aisle. I should have resisted but I couldn't resist the price. They tasted really good with the hamburgers that I made for supper last night. 11 chips = 140 calories.

I didn't buy any bags of candy...even though they were practically giving it away. I know that I could have tucked the bags in the freezer. It keeps. But, HTP and I are on a diet. There won't be any trick-o-treaters in our neighborhood. There really is no excuse to buy the stuff, no matter how much I love chocolate.

Murphyism of the Day

Doane's Laws of Procrastination


1. The more proficient one is at procrastination, the less proficient one need be at all else.

2. The slower one works, the fewer mistakes one makes.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped.

- Groucho Marx (1890 - 1977)

No comments: