Sunday, October 19, 2008


Gypsy Wants to Play

Word of the Day

Mapology - The study of maps. A degree relating to any profession that involves maps.


It's hard keeping one little dog (Gypsy)from running and jumping and leaping about. That is my goal for the next week or so. This is NOT any easy task. She wants to play and run and fetch. I was told that I could take her for short walks. How short? Oh well, nothing seems to be bothering her and she doesn't seem to be chewing on her stitches.

The weather here in Arizona has warmed up again. The high today is supposed to be in the upper 90's. I took Gypsy out for a gentle walk (only to the mailbox and back). It was 62°F. Very nice. Perfect walking weather....in the mornings. In the evening, last night, I was perfectly comfortable sitting out on the back patio while reading my book. I think it was 85°F. Fortunately, once the sun goes down, the temperature follows suit. I'm planning on taking advantage of these pleasant night temperatures while I have them. It won't be long before it gets too cool outside to make it so enjoyable...at least...without a sweater. Hopefully, this winter we won't have to worry about freezing temperatures. I'm not fond of having to run out and cover delicate plants.

Murphyism of the Day

Launegayer's Observation


Asking dumb questions is easier than correcting dumb mistakes.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

There's an old saying that if you come back to the place where you became a man, you will remember all those things you need to be happy... That saying never made sense to me, but I thought it was worth a try.

- Henry Bromel

No comments: