Tuesday, October 07, 2008


Sunrise at The Lake - Fall 2008

Word of the Day

Madamismness - Anything supercilious, overbearing, and/or haughtily proud. Often descriptive of certain types of women who are not divas.



We're Home!


HTP actually set up my computer shortly after we arrived home yesterday but I just didn't have enough remaining energy left over to sit down at the computer long enough to blog. HTP and I had lots to do when we got home....aside from the TVs and the computers. Of course, getting the cable TV activated properly never works smoothly. There's always some sort of glitch which requires jumping through a frustrating automated phone system's hoops. GRRRRR!!!!!! This automated system is supposed to make things easier for the customer. HAH! It sure would be nice to bypass this automated system and talk to a real person. HTP and I know some shortcuts to get to past the automated systems but sometimes there's just no getting around it. Unfortunately, here in Arizona, there is only one cable company in our area and unless HTP and I got to a DirecTV or DishNet service, we're stuck with having to deal with a cable company who really doesn't give a crap about real customer service.

I've got a whole tome for a To Do List that I need to get started on today. My neighbor has been wonderful about keeping the weeds in my yard under control. So...today...I have to get started on making our winter house into a home. Dust happens...inside and out. I need to tackle the piles of desert dust that has accumulated in dunes on my back patio. I've got limes that are falling off their tree. I need to trim back some of the plants near the fountain so I can get the fountain up and running again. I need to figure out where everything is again. After six months, you tend to forget minor details like where you put the frying pans and the plastic Tupperware stuff. I went out shopping for basic groceries last night but I didn't discover that I'm down to a week's worth of coffee filters here in Arizona. HTP would tell you that I would have known this if I'd done a general inventory before we headed off to Wisconsin in April but....I didn't. I keep thinking that I'll remember. It's a good thing that I label my light switches because that's one thing that I don't need to remember anymore.

Sis sent me a couple of pictures that make me long to return to The Lake. However, I am enjoying the warmer weather here in Arizona. The sun is shining. The high temperature yesterday might have been in the 90's. Not too bad. Gypsy is settling in just fine. She plonked herself down into the nearest dog bed as soon as she got out of the kennel and tempted me into a game of fetch this morning as I watched the morning news.

Murphyism of the Day

Thoreau's Observation


Men have become the tools of their tools.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

How my achievements mock me!

- William Shakespeare (1564 - 1616)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, the picture you posted is one I took at sunrise (NOT sunset) before the rain came in on Sunday. Red sky in morning….

~ Sis

Old Grey Frog said...

LOL! Fixed it!