Saturday, October 25, 2008




Word of the Day

McFinch - A small bird whose natural habitat is in the parking lot of a fast food restaurant, and does not seem to exist in any other part of the world.


What is old is new again. Bucket brigade. I wanted to take a bath last night and discovered that I couldn't get any hot water out of the tap in my bathtub. The regulator/mixer isn't working. I can get cold water but that which allows the hot water to come out of the faucet must be stuck. Not being in the mood for a cold bath, I ended up having to haul buckets of hot water from the kitchen sink to fill the tub. Oh well...at least I didn't have to heat the buckets of water up over a fireplace. Why do things like this happen on a Friday, after business hours are over? Hopefully, HTP will be able to fix it. I suppose, if all else fails, we can always call Joe the Plumber....next week, during business hours. This isn't an actual plumbing emergency.

I've been trying to think of something to do today. I know all the stuff that I should be doing but.... Actually, I'm in one of those whiny "Mommy I'm bored" moods. That singular mood where you find yourself telling your Mom that you're bored and then she tells you all the things that you should be doing, things that you don't want to do, stuff like cleaning your room. *sigh* I don't want to clean my room. I don't want to wash the floor in the kitchen...even though it really needs it. *sigh* Maybe I'll go out shopping. I need a new hair-dryer and I can't wash my hair until I buy one. Maybe I'll feel more like washing the floor tomorrow. Maybe I'll just toss the Frisbee for Gypsy some more and brew another pot of coffee.

Murphyism of the Day

First Law of Procrastination


Procrastination shortens the job and places the responsibility for its termination on someone else (the authority who imposed the deadline).

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

To do just the opposite is also a form of imitation.

- Georg Christoph Lichtenberg (1742 - 1799)

No comments: