Saturday, November 01, 2008


Playing Frisbee with Gypsy

Word of the Day

Melonfarmer - A much less profane version of its profane counterpart, m'er-f'er.


I'll have to close the windows pretty soon. HTP and I are trying avoid running the AC on a constant basis like some of our neighbors. I'm not going to complain about the heat.

HTP and I celebrated Halloween by devouring an entire Little Caesar's pepperoni pizza. Yummmmm!!!! Of course, I'll pay for my gluttony. I'm sure that I probably gained at least 5 pounds...even though I didn't eat 5 pounds of food. I'll never understood why I always seem to gain more weight than the weight of the food that I eat. Oh well...I'm staying away from the bathroom scale for at least a week or so. I don't want to know. I paid for my gluttony around 1 AM this morning because my body isn't used to eating greasy food anymore. Thank goodness for Tums! However, the price I paid and will pay?....That pizza sure did taste good. Well worth the cost.

HTP and I will continue on with our diet today and every day until we go to Las Vegas. Then we'll diet again when we get back until Thanksgiving. Then, it'll be dieting again until Christmas...diet again until New Year's....diet again until my birthday....diet again until Easter.... Can you see a pattern here? Endless dieting so we can take the occasional break and cheat a bit. Two steps forward, three steps back. *argh* OK. Actually, I've lost 16 pounds so it's more like two steps forward and the occasional BIG step back. However, at the rate that I'm losing weight, I'll have to go clothes shopping soon. My pants are getting pretty lose. Thankfully, I like to do my clothes shopping at thrift stores.

Tonight most of the rest of the nation will be busily resetting their clocks so they won't be late for church tomorrow. At least, I think they'll be switching their clocks back an hour. HTP and I don't do that here in Arizona. All we have to do is remember that my folks will be an hour earlier than us when we go see them in a couple of weeks and HTP's folks will be an hour later than us when we call them or they call us. I don't have to be at church tomorrow until 9:30 AM. Plenty of time to take my normal morning walk with Gypsy.

Murphyism of the Day

Jeff's Law of Procrastination


Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off now.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

No comments: