Thursday, November 06, 2008


Brazilian Pink Peppercorns

Word of the Day

Menuspect - To look at what other people have ordered in a restaurant while being taken to one's seat by the host or hostess.


My blood has thinned out. 43°F felt darn cold this morning when Gypsy and I took our walk around the neighborhood this morning. It felt cold enough that I wore my gloves and winter jacket. The sky is blue. The sun is shining. I wasn't the only one wearing gloves and a winter jacket.

One of my Brazilian Pepper trees is LOADED with little tiny berries. I've got three Brazilian Pepper trees but only the one has berries. I surmise that the two trees with no berries are male trees. I think, once the berries ripen to a nice red, I can pick and dry them to use as a spice. I e-mailed Sis. She's got a huge library of cookbooks. I don't think I need to do anything special with these berries other than laying them out to dry. They call these little berries, pink peppercorns. They're not related to black pepper but they're supposed to have a kind of fruity/peppery taste.

Murphyism of the Day

Tillis's Organizational Principle


If you file it, you'll know where it is but never need it. If you don't file it, you'll need it but never know where it is.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

It's all right to have butterflies in your stomach. Just get them to fly in formation.

- Dr. Rob Gilbert

No comments: