Sunday, November 02, 2008


Ms. En - October 2008


Word of the Day

Melty - Of a melted consistency; being partially melted.


I woke up, got dressed, actually put make-up on because I would be going to church, fed Gypsy, prepped a pot of coffee for tomorrow morning...or later today should it become necessary before tomorrow morning, worked my morning sudoku puzzle, took Gypsy for a long training walk, ate a peanut butter and jam sandwich so my stomach wouldn't make any embarrassing loud music that might not be on key, and then headed off to church. I got to church at 9:30 AM and the music director ran through the music with me and the flautist. We played for the third service. It was nice to make a joyful noise in front of the most forgiving of audiences.

After the service, I went shopping. $4.77/lb. for t-bone steaks. $1.77/lb for boneless, skinless chicken breasts. $1.88/gallon for milk. I've been using up a lot of milk what with cereal in the morning and kefir production. I picked up the latest Heather Graham book. It's been a month since I read the first of her new series. I changed out of my church clothes, made lunch, ate lunch, decided NOT to watch the news, decided not to answer the robo-calls for the election coming up on Tuesday. Since there is little that I can do at this point about the ebb and flow of politics and polls, I've decided to NOT listen to the news or talk radio. There really no point in it since my absentee ballot has probably already been counted.

What I have decided to do is make steak for supper tonight...on the grill...and maybe watch The Simpson's latest Halloween episode. I already started to read the latest Heather Graham book but then set it aside so I can re-read the first in this series so I can follow the threads of the story into this second book. I wonder if I'll have to re-read them all again when the third and final book of the series comes out in December. After that, I'm looking forward to Nora Robert's final Pagan Stone series. It's a good thing that I kept the first two of the series because I know I'll want to enjoy them again before starting on the last of the series. I do LOVE to read, and reading a favorite author's books again and again is not a problem where I am concerned.

Murphyism of the Day

Hampton's Homily


The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

The universe is not hostile, nor yet is it friendly. It is simply indifferent.

- J. H. Holmes

No comments: