Tuesday, November 18, 2008




Word of the Day

Misconfuse - 1. To fail in confusing someone. 2. To confuse the wrong person.


I worked myself to the point of exhaustion yesterday and I didn't even get the entire house dusted and vacuumed. I'm talking about thorough dusting...not the sort of dusting that I normally do on a weekly basis with a feather duster or one of those swifter dusters. I THOROUGHLY dusted. That's where you move EVERYTHING and dust EVERYTHING....even if you have to stand on your head and no-one ever sees the surface that you're dusting. The dust is there and you know it's been there too long if you could plant a couple of seeds in it and grow a crop. That which couldn't be dusted and could be thrown into the dishwasher was washed in the dishwasher before it was returned to its shelf. I vacuumed the lampshades. I vacuumed the upholstered surfaces...THOROUGHLY. I thoroughly dusted the living room AND the dining room AND scrubbed down every surface in the kitchen. I vacuumed the floors. I still need to dust the blades on the fan in the living room and I didn't have enough energy left to wash the chandelier in the dining room. I figured that I'd attack those things that require ladders today...or maybe tomorrow. HTP promised me that he'd help me with the chandelier...and the ladder.

I tackled the bedroom today and since I was already sore from all the cleaning that I did yesterday, I'm beginning to think that some of this cleaning will have to wait until tomorrow. Regardless, no matter how sore, today is Tuesday and today is Laundry Day. I'm doing laundry today (in addition to Spring cleaning) but in order to do laundry I had to go out and do some shopping. One can't do laundry without laundry detergent and I only had enough in the bottom of the laundry bottle for one of my normal four loads. Besides, with only 4 more eggs in the fridge and since eggs were .97/dozen at one of the local grocery stores and today was the last day for this sale on eggs, I couldn't put off shopping any longer. HTP and I go through a lot of eggs with this diet. Egg white omelets.

I was even too sore to take Gypsy for our morning training walk. Poor Gypsy. Maybe I'll combine my daily trek to the mailbox (about a block away) with a training walk. We'll see how much energy I have remaining by late this afternoon. Currently, I'm taking a break....blogging from my REALLY clean and dust-free desk and enjoying the smell of fresh and clean and trying to ignore that fact that I still have to clean the bathrooms....tomorrow?

Murphyism of the Day

Handy Office Excuse - Number Six


That's his job, not mine.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

That which has always been accepted by everyone, everywhere, is almost certain to be false.

- Paul Valery (1871 - 1945)

No comments: