Friday, November 21, 2008



Word of the Day

Misunderestimate - To misunderstand someone's behavior, writing, or speech in such a way as to be led to underestimate that person.


I'm finished with my Spring cleaning. I don't do Spring cleaning in the Spring here in Arizona. When Spring rolls around, I'm busy getting things packed up and hitting the road for The Lake. I do Spring cleaning at The Lake. I do a basic cleaning here in Arizona before I hit the road for The Lake because I have a neighbor who comes over to water plants and flush toilets, run water through the faucets and generally keep an eye on our vacant home here in Arizona while we're away and I don't want her to think that HTP and I live in a pig sty or know that I HATE cleaning even though I DO HATE CLEANING! But....dust happens. Lime rings still form in the toilets. And bugs die in the bathtub. I have no idea why bugs seem to head straight for my bathtubs to die but this particular bug idiosyncrasy happens in Arizona AND The Lake. After six months, my bathtubs become a bug graveyard....kind of like the elephant graveyard in those Tarzan movies but smaller.

My congetella didn't turn out like I'd planned. I ended up with an herbed cottage-like cheese. However, it still tastes good. I crumbled some on our dinner salads last night. Congetella will have to wait. I think I'll try my hand at a formed cheese next. In the meantime, I made another batch of kefir-leban.

I bought my Thanksgiving turkey. After talking to MC Daughter, I'm considering the idea of brining my turkey this year. I found a recipe where you brine the turkey overnight in a cooler. Interesting. This would free up space in my fridge for me to make my side-dishes ahead of time. There's never enough room in my fridge for holiday meals.

Murphyism of the Day

Handy Office Excuse - Number Nine


I didn't think it was very important.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

The world is my lobster.

- Henry J. Tillman

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brined turkey is great!! Just watch it on the amount of salt you use. I always use A.B.'s technique of brining in a cooler with a slight variation on his recipe. Even the white meat turns out nice and moist whether I bake in the oven or use my Weber kettle. I bake my stuffing separately since it would get too salty in the bird. Enjoy and, as A.B. would say, brined turkey is "good eats" :) !!!