Saturday, November 29, 2008


Gypsy Enjoying her First Christmas - Christmas 2007

Word of the Day

Moronasaurus - Someone whose stupidity has, or should have, caused them to become extinct.


Every year there's a story on the news that someone got trampled on Black Friday...usually at Walmart. Guess what? This year was no exception to the rule. AND....I hear that there was a fatal shooting after a ToysRUs brawl. Merry Christmas? DD Daughter tells me that GI Joe went out shopping on Black Friday. Well...I suppose if you were going to go out shopping on Black Friday, it might be advantageous to be GI Joe. DD Daughter stayed home to guard the home front. Me? I stayed home to protect the wallet. It's the economy...don'tcha know.

However, I will be going out shopping today, but just to the grocery store(s). One of our grocery stores is having a two-day sale. Black Friday AND Saturday? I decided that it would be smarter to shop on the second of those two days. As it is, I have my doubts as to the parking situation over at the store in question. On normal days that store has parking problems. Oh well...I need eggs (.97/doz) and lettuce (2/$1)is a staple of any dieter's diet. I may even pick up a loaf of bread (.77/24 oz) if I'm happy with the calorie count per slice. Other than that, another grocery store, which I'll hit on my way home, has chicken breasts for $1.77/lb, which is sweet when you figure that I won't be paying for any bones or skin. And...they have extra lean ground beef for the same price.

One of my online friends has already finished up all her Christmas shopping for the year. I suppose I have too. I bought something online yesterday for Ms. En. and had it sent to DD Daughter and GI Joe so they can wrap it up for Christmas. Other than that, I still need to figure out what HTP wants for Christmas. He hasn't been too helpful when it comes to ideas...but then again, neither have I. I'll end up baking some of his favorite cookies for Christmas (sugar free version) but other than that?.....

Murphyism of the Day

Harris's Lament


All the good ones are taken.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

The words 'I am...' are potent words; be careful what you hitch them to. The thing you're claiming has a way of reaching back and claiming you.

- A. L. Kitselman

No comments: