Monday, November 10, 2008

Word of the Day

Ming - A disdain for the lack of importance and expression in another person's speech. In response to the unword "meh".



Happy


Birthday


Willie!



It's my favorite brother's birthday today! He's my OLDER brother. And...he's my only brother so I don't have to feel guilty when it comes to playing favorites. Happy Birthday Willie!

Tiredness reigns. Gypsy woke me up at 6 AM. This, in itself, isn't all that unusual. She waits patiently in her kennel while I get dressed and pour my first cup of coffee in the morning. She started her "Wake up!" routine (digging at the kennel door and softly vocalizing)at 6 AM but I didn't FEEL like getting up because it was still dark outside. I don't mind getting up with the sun but somehow I'm not too fond of getting up before the sun. Besides, the coffeepot timer is set for 6:15 AM. Oh well...I grabbed a cup of coffee from yesterday's pot and nuked it. The temperature outside was 41°F. By 6:30 AM, Gypsy and I were taking our training walk around the neighborhood. We were alone. Even the gentlemen that normally gather at the end of the block, sitting, sipping on coffee, and socializing, weren't there to wave at us.

We actually got a bit of a thunderstorm yesterday. Not only did we get rain (not enough to measure but enough to get the ground wet), we also got hail. For a while I was concerned about the Gator which sits parked on our driveway, but, the hail never got larger than the size of a pea and it didn't last more than a couple of minutes.


Murphyism of the Day

Handy Office Excuse - Number Two


I didn't know you were in a hurry for it.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

[Abstract art is] a product of the untalented, sold by the unprincipled to the utterly bewildered.

- Al Capp (1909 - 1979)

1 comment:

D. Skippy said...

Happy birthday, Uncle Will, and happy birthday Marine Corps. :)