Friday, November 07, 2008


I think it might be snowing at The Lake

Word of the Day

Metabusy - Engaged in activity directed at becoming busy, usually from an inability to complete a primary task given the current situation.


This morning started out as a "Ditto Day". A "Ditto Day" is a day where you begin to wonder if you're trapped a movie like Groundhog's Day. The temperature was 43°F when I woke up. I had to wear my winter jacket and gloves when I took Gypsy for our walk this morning.

I'm not fond of "Ditto Day"s. So, not wanting to repeat yesterday, I made an extra pot of coffee, all be it, accidentally. I pressed the "brew now" button instead of the "delay brew" button. Oops. Two pots of coffee instead of one. I suppose that's what got me started on really shaking things up. Well...at least I decided to do something else. I decided to strip and wash the bedding today. Oh...and I decided to make myself an omelet with kefir-leban this morning instead of my usual cereal. Nothing earth-shattering. But...at least I can claim that today isn't going to be a "Ditto Day". In for a penny? I may even give Gypsy a bath and/or wash my hair.

Murphyism of the Day

Sandiland's Law


Free time that unexpectedly becomes available will be wasted.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

The victory of success is half won when one gains the habit of setting goals and achieving them. Even the most tedious chore will become endurable as you parade through each day convinced that every task, no matter how menial or boring, brings you closer to fulfilling your dreams.

- Og Mandino (1923 - 1996)

No comments: