Sunday, November 30, 2008


#1 Son Playing at the Christmas Eve Service - Christmas Eve 2007

Word of the Day

Mose - The area between one's mouth and nose.


It's cold outside....relatively speaking. Temps in the lower 40's always seem to feel colder here in Arizona then up at The Lake. Maybe it's the lack of humidity? I'm sure there has to be a scientific reason behind it all. I do know that I'm going to have to dig out my jacket today when I take Gypsy for our morning training walk. We haven't turned on the furnace as yet but last night was the first night that I closed the windows in the bedroom. I like sleeping with the windows open, cuddled up and toasty warm under the covers....breathing nice cold air. However, enough is enough. One doesn't want to have to put on mittens and a coat when one gets up to use the bathroom during the night. Besides, HTP was complaining that he could see his breath and was reminded of a scene from the Exorcist....not the split-pea scene and my head doesn't do 360's.

I finished up boiling the turkey bones yesterday. Nibbling on bones was a filling lunch. I've got two containers of turkey soup base in the freezer. HTP isn't really fond of soup but with the temperatures outside dropping, soup makes an excellent feel good lunch. All I need to do is add barley, rice, or noodles...maybe some Thai seasoning...a bit of lemongrass. Yummm!!!! We're still eating leftovers. HTP and I won't be able to eat all this right away. I'll have to freeze some for later. Besides...I'm getting tired of turkey.

I bought my Christmas baking supplies at the grocery store yesterday. I bought the advertised eggs (limit 2 dozen) and some stick margarine and other stuff at the first store, after I finally found a parking spot. However, when I stopped at the second store (on my way home to pick up the chicken breasts and the hamburger), they had their eggs on sale...unadvertised special. I couldn't resist paying only $1 for two dozen eggs....no limit, but with limited space in the fridge, I limited myself to two dozen. So...I've got five dozen eggs+ in the fridge right now. Yes, HTP and I will use all the eggs that I bought. We only use the egg whites and it's lots cheaper this way than buying egg-beaters. Besides...Christmas baking. I'm thinking of making some cranberry muffins...to give as gifts along with cookies....or maybe some cranberry bread. Besides, you need lots of eggs to make Pizzelle.

Today is the day that I'll be straining out the pulp from the pyracantha wine I started a week ago. I'll need to add the second half of the sugar and rack it into fermentation containers. I only have two remaining 5 gallon containers. Hopefully, that's all I'll need.

Murphyism of the Day

Arthur's Laws of Love


1. People to whom you are attracted ivariably think you remind them of someone else.

2. The love letter you finally got the courage to send will be delayed in the mail long enough for you to make a fool of yourself in person.

3. Other people's romantic gestures seem novel and exciting. Your own romantic gestures seem foolish and clumsy.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Man forgives woman anything save the wit to outwit him.

- Minna Thomas Antrim

No comments: