Tuesday, November 25, 2008


HTP, Me, and DD Daughter - Thanksgiving 1981

Word of the Day

Monoemotionistic - Capable of feeling or having only a single emotion at a time.


My rain gauge is supposed to get a workout in the coming days. I suppose there's a Murphyism in this. I'd hoped to sit outside on the patio, sipping on a goblet of wine, while chatting quietly with my friend. I was even thinking that it might be nice to walk around the neighborhood after eating more than I should eat in a week. We don't get much rain here at our Arizona home. Oh well.... Maybe we'll rent a movie to watch. Originally, the guys were going to watch football games but HTP tells me that the interesting games aren't until the evening hours. Maybe we'll play one of the games that Santa brought us a couple of Christmases ago. We haven't played them yet. We don't spend a lot of time playing games.

Murphyism of the Day

Drummond's Law of Personnel Recruiting


The ideal resume will turn up one day after the position is filled.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Use what you have to run toward your best - that's how I now live my life.

- Oprah Winfrey

No comments: