Saturday, September 13, 2008


Clouds Over The Lake - Today is a drizzly day.

Word of the Day

Leetspeak - A form of written, and sometimes verbal, language used in the realm of savvy computer users, hackers and kiddies. In written language, words are often spelled with a portion of numeric symbols used to represent similarly looking letter counterparts.


As you might have noticed, I added a ticker to the top of my blog. I'm figuring that all the money trailing behind that car is the money that we'll be spending on gas for our trip. A red SUV would have been a better choice since we'll be driving our red Gator but I bet our Gator gets better gas mileage that that muscle car. Me? I'm checking my Packing and To Do Lists and I'll have to start an Inventory List of the things that I'll need here when HTP and I return again next Spring.

Gypsy has way too many toys. I know that I shouldn't keep buying them for her but her eyes light up whenever I bring a new one into the house. She loves them all and I love seeing her delight. Every night I gather up all her toys and put them into her toy basket and every day she sorts through them all and then picks one to play with for the day...maybe a couple. Right now she's playing with her new corduroy frog. Squeakers are a must. I've had to replace several squeakers already. Even HTP gets a kick out of her antics. She fetches, she plays tug-a-war, she even searches her toys out when I've "hidden" them. When she gets tired of running and fetching, she cuddles up with her current favorite.

Murphyism of the Day

Shand's Law


The more efficiently a project is done, the greater the chance it will have to be undone.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Properly, we should read for power. Man reading should be man intensely alive. The book should be a ball of light in one's hand.

- Ezra Pound (1885 - 1972)

No comments: