Wednesday, September 17, 2008


A View From the Dock at The Lake

Word of the Day

Linkrot - When a link on a webpage becomes extinct.


Ummmmm......I cleaned out the freezer and put the blue ice in the freezer so we can use it on our way back to Arizona? Needless to say, not much has been going on today. HTP and I talked to my Dad when he stopped by to return some of my plastic containers. HTP and I were curious as to the cost of round trip flights to and from Arizona (and Las Vegas). We also discussed property values which...irregardless of market values right now (which are tanking) seem to have gone up more than 60%. What's with that?! Everyone around here is REALLY upset. There's a meeting in town on Saturday. HTP and I are going, so are my folks. I think Sis and her husband are planning on attending the meeting. Actually, I think the whole town will be there with pitchforks, tar and feathers, and maybe a noose and shotguns. When the new value of your home is twice as much as what you can sell it for? WTF?! Someone needs to rethink things a bit. I'm all for being "neighborly"...as Obama puts it when he was talking about taxes the other day with Bill O'Reilly...but people are going to have to sell their homes (not getting the value assigned by the assessor...no where close...), because they can't afford to pay the taxes. How to kill a small town in one fell swoop. This is not a seller's market.

Murphyism of the Day

Parkinson's First Law


Work expands to fill the time available for its completion; the thing to be done swells in perceived importance and complexity in a direct ratio with the time to be spent in its completion.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Life loves to be taken by the lapel and told, 'I'm with you kid. Let's go.'

- Maya Angelou

No comments: