Wednesday, September 24, 2008


The Sky is That Blue Today. Fall at The Lake.

Word of the Day

Lonolik - To truly love someone as a friend and yet not actually like the person in a romantic way.


Today is the day that we're going to pull the dock boards off the dock and dry dock the boat. We tried to do some last of the season fishing with #1 Son last night but I've decided that it will always rain or be really windy when we finally get a chance to go out in the boat. We caught some fish but..... Oh well, we'll have fish for supper tonight. There won't be any more fishing this year but at least we'll get a meal out of the ones we did catch.

Actually, #1 Son will be heading back to The Big City tomorrow morning. He's got an interview scheduled for Thursday afternoon. We're keeping our fingers crossed and prayers going up that he'll be soon gainfully employed doing that which he spent four years studying. In the meantime, I'll have to sort out the fridge tonight to earmark the foods that I want to send with #1 Son when he leaves.

It's a good thing that I'm wearing my beater jeans today. I've already managed to get them dirty when I pulled out the fish basket and the crayfish traps. Lots of lake gunk. I smell a bit fishy right now. Next job? Pulling the dock boards off.

Murphyism of the Day

Third Law of Applied Confusion


After adding two weeks to the schedule for unexpected delays, add two more for the unexpected, unexpected delays.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

You risk tears if you let yourself be tamed.

- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900 - 1944)

No comments: