Wednesday, October 24, 2007


DD Daughter - Halloween 1978

Word of the Day

Digiocrity - The culture of replacing high quality analog systems with lower quality but more convenient digital systems.


Happy


Birthday



D Buddy!




It's D Buddy's Birthday today! I'll lift my glass of Shiraz tonight and wish him Salud!


Old Grey Frog is not so very grey right now. I went out to get my hair cut, styled, and colored. It's not easy to do this when I'm at The Lake. Although there are lots of beauty shops in our town at The Lake, ummmmm...I like to get my hair cut, styled and colored here in Arizona at the place where I pretty much know what I'm going to look like after they're done with all the chemicals and scissors. The last time I colored my hair...I did it myself at The Lake and ended up with hair color splattering the sinks and the walls and the counters. It isn't easy to dye your own hair if you've got long hair. I did a pretty good job...if I do have to say myself...however, I made a bit of a mess that I was able to clean up...eventually but I'm reluctant to dye my own hair unless I absolutely have no other alternative. I also got my hair cut. I'm sure HTP will ask me "which hair did you have them cut?" but I actually had them cut off a good four inches and layer the rest. My hair is still long but now only reaches a bit longer than shoulder length. Long enough for HTP but short enough to take some of the weight off.

I finally found the baby books. My children's baby books and photo albums. I'd been looking for them since we got home here in Arizona. They were stored in a box in our office. A box that had a number on it but no clue other than that as to its contents. When we moved from our last house here in Arizona to this one, four years ago, HTP printed out number labels for all the boxes and then recorded the contents of each box on an computerized spread sheet. He is so organized. Unfortunately, it took me a while to find the spread sheet to check out what was in the numbered box that was buried under other numbered boxes inside the closet in HTP's office. I'd been looking for the books because I want to send DD Daughter's baby book to her now that she has a daughter of her own...and space to store such stuff. Besides, I wanted to find a picture of DD Daughter's 1st Halloween.

Murphyism of the Day

Peterson's Principle


Traditions are solutions for which we have forgotten the problems.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

A treasure of memories is a very special happiness. -- Margaret Lindsey

No comments: