Sunday, October 14, 2007

Word of the Day

Derk - 1. Someone who presses a pedestrian crossing button more than once, or after someone has already pressed it, having the idea that it will make the lights change faster. 2. To be both a jerk and a dork at the same time. A jerk-foolish person.


Not much going on here today....(see Old Grey laughing hysterically at this total lie).

Gypsy is doing just great. Training is coming along wonderfully. She hasn't had any accidents...yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and my eyes open.

This morning started with feeding and walking. Then I was almost late for church because someone called just as I was heading out the door. He wanted to hunt on our property at The Lake. I did not have time to deal with him. I passed the responsibility baton to my sister and her husband. Hey! I figure since my brother passed that baton to me...Sorry Sis.

So I got to church on time and played my clarinet for two services. Wonderful to be back with the group. Between services we jammed a bit...no written music just playing around. Fun stuff. I'm not too good at jazzing around without written music but hey....I had fun.

After church I headed to the grocery store with my list of things that I didn't get the other day when we first got back to town. That's right. I don't live in a town here in Arizona. I live in one of the big cities. Lots of noise. Lots of traffic. Pollution. However, I did see a roadrunner (the bird...not the car) on my way home from church today. There is wildlife here in the big city west.

I've filled out the AKC registration papers that I need to mail in. I noted that Gypsy still has her dew claws and...well...her tail was never bobbed. I'm going to take Gypsy to the vet next week. I'll consult as to whether or not I should have this taken care of or if I should just let Gypsy stay unbobbed. Now...the dew claws, well, they have to go. It's too dangerous for her to be running around at The Lake with dew claws that could snag on things and cause injury. Anyway, I plan to hear what the vet has to say. I don't mind an unbobbed tail. Aside from that, she needs her second set of puppy shots. Next week she'll be 12 weeks old. Cutey.

My day has been consumed by puppy. I'm amazed that it's already time for me to get supper on the table. I haven't even found the time to take any pictures. Tomorrow? We'll see. Thankfully, Gypsy doesn't seem to mind sitting for a while in her kennel. Of course, she'd rather be sitting on my lap or at my feet but I can't make supper with a puppy in my arms.

Murphyism of the Day

The Interest Principle


Almost everything is more popular than it used to be.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Is life worth living?
Aye, with the best of us,
Heights of us, depths of us -
Life is the test of us!

-- Corinne Roosevelt Robinson

No comments: