Tuesday, October 02, 2007


The Lake

Word of the Day

Delayed billelation - Any usable denomination of money, found in the pockets of a coat, jacket or pair of pants that have been put away for a long period of time, that creates a long lasting euphoric and joyous feeling of satisfaction once found.


My eyes popped open at 6 AM and despite the fact that the sun hasn't come up as yet, I decided to get out of bed and start my day. I think the sun not being up part is what tends to concern HTP when it comes to me getting up so early. I mean...a couple of months ago when I got up with the sun at 6 AM, he never gave it a second thought that I'd get up at 6 AM. I tried to explain to him that I indeed could stay in bed until the sun came up but then I'd be laying there in bed staring at the ceiling fan, mentally twiddling my thumbs. Somehow, I just can't seem to just lay about twiddling my thumbs when....

2 Days and a Wake Up Before HTP and I Fly South for the Winter

So anyway, I got up and nuked my first cup of coffee in the morning. I got a fresh pot of coffee started. Once again I felt how empty my nest has become since the passing of my two dogs over the summer. My children have all grown up and left the nest so I've been an empty-nester for quite some time but, I still had my dogs. The nest didn't feel quite this empty when I still had my dogs. I'll have to wait until we get back to Arizona again before I can start looking for just the right puppy to place into this empty nest. I REALLY don't like this empty nest feeling. Anyway, I came into our office and decided to power up my computer, check my e-mails, and blog. *sigh* The internet isn't working as I type these not-so-priceless words. By the time anyone reads this, the internet will be up and running again...the sun will be up as well. Oh well...I know how to copy and paste and work offline.

I started serious packing yesterday while HTP was in the big city. I got a lot done. Boxes are starting to accumulate in the hallway. Boxes full of things that need to go to Arizona with us. I also dragged out my two suitcases and started sorting out what stuff I'll need to have for the trip and what stuff can be sealed up in the other suitcase which I can leave in the car overnight. Normally, I would be doing laundry today but I'm holding off until tomorrow so that HTP and I will have enough clean clothes to wear for our trip cross country. One never knows when a baby will spit up/or leak on them and one may need to change into a clean outfit. One never knows when one will spill coffee down their front and a clean shirt will become necessary. And....one must never forget to wear clean underwear....just in case one happens to be in an accident. However, I have started packing my suitcases. I'm busily checking To Do items off my To Do List and I'm busily checking off items from my Packing List. I think I've packed as much as I can now until I get the laundry done. Plus, I can't pack some things until I'm done using them on Friday morning.

Murphyism of the Day

Capp's Law


The closest you can get to your youth is to start repeating your follies.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803 - 1882)

No comments: