Thursday, October 25, 2007


That One Looks Just Like Daddy - Halloween 1978

Word of the Day

Dignitude - A dignified attitude.


Gypsy is content. Right now she's sitting in her basket at my feet. She's just finished licking my toes and is happily lying down with her head anchoring one of my feet so I can't escape. She knows when I get up to answer the phone or do something other than sit at the computer. So...I don't dare get up without taking her with me. Not that she would do anything bad but she'd just probably follow me wherever I went and that includes if I just have to follow the call of nature. I've already spent some time playing fetch with her outside. I'm hoping that I wore her out a bit.

I really don't have anything new to blog about today. I know that there are things that I should be doing. I did the laundry yesterday. I'm washing sheets today. Other than that? Well...I think I'll make my version of stuffed green peppers for supper tonight. My version doesn't bother with actually stuffing the peppers. My version just cuts up the peppers into small chunks and cook the whole thing up like a casserole....which it actually is but I use a stuffed green pepper recipe.

It's getting warm outside today. 90°F already and it won't actually reach the high of the day until 5 PM. I really don't mind the heat, but I did turn on the AC. I'm told that tomorrow or Saturday, we'll start experiencing the effects (smoke/pollution) of the massive wildfires that are burning in California right now. Many are comparing this wildfire disaster to that of Hurricane Katrina. Only...the response of the government (State and Federal)for this disaster seems to be completely different to the response for Katrina. I think much of this is due to the differences in the leadership at the State levels. And...IMHO...the inability of those people who had lived for years under a "the government will always take care of me" welfare state of mind. I'm not sure what the coming days will bring to the people in California who have been most affected by the wildfires, but so far I've been very interested to see that the only "looting" that has transpired so far in California is a couple of illegal immigrants who were paid to steal loads of rescue/relief supplies from Qualcomm Stadium where the supplies were needed for evacuees. Lovely.

Murphyism of the Day

Baker's Bylaw


When you are over the hill, you pick up speed.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Calendars are for careful people, not passionate ones. -- Chuck Sigars

No comments: