Wednesday, October 03, 2007


The Lake

Word of the Day

Dementocracy - A society in which the most demented members rise to the top.


1 Days and a Wake Up Before HTP and I Fly South for the Winter

I don't have time to panic. There is just too much to do. If I take the time to panic, I won't have the time to do what needs doing. Laundry. Packing. More laundry. More packing. Clean the fridge. Make sure all the garbage gets out this one last time because I don't want to store it in the garage over winter...ewwww....stinky, not to mention mouse fodder. Clean and secure the basement for winter. That's just today's list. What about my waste of time blogging? Maintaining one's sanity is never a waste of time. Besides, the sun only just came up. This is my time to drink my coffee and reflect on the fact that I don't have time to panic. Besides, I won't have my computer available to use for much longer. HTP is going to have to break it down so he can pack it. I'm not sure when he plans to start on that particular project. Tomorrow? Anyway, just in case, my traveling rules will kick into place. HTP and I will have our laptop with us but there's no guarantees that I'll be able to blog while we're traveling (or after HTP packs my tower). We're leaving on Friday. If I don't get a chance to blog tomorrow, it's because HTP has packed my computer up before I could stop him.

Murphyism of the Day

Dumper's Principle of Neoteny


An adult is a deteriorated child.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?

-- Irv Kupcinet

No comments: