Friday, October 19, 2007


Total Relaxation

Word of the Day

Desuckify - To ameliorate one's situation, work, idea, item, place; to make less disagreeable.


Nothing new on the puppy front. Gypsy still hasn't had any accidents. We're up to five hours now but maybe she could last a bit longer. I'm not willing to test it out. She still likes sitting at my feet while I blog.

I got the laundry done yesterday. I ordered wine-making supplies over the internet. Until the shipment arrives, I plan to leave the pomegranates on their tree. They're not going anywhere and none have started to split or go bad. My pomegranate tree is in my backyard...my fenced backyard. I figure that a block fence is enough of a pomegranate thief deterrent. Pomegranates in the store are pretty darn expensive.

I didn't vacuum. Laziness. I'm also afraid the noise from the vacuum cleaner will scare Gypsy. That's just a lame excuse though. Mainly, I'm just feeling lazy. I didn't dust either. I did clean the bathtubs though. I noticed the strong odor of sewer gas yesterday while HTP was off shopping and getting the oil changed in our SUV. Six months of non-activity in our tubs here in Arizona while we are in Wisconsin can make the traps dry out which allows sewer gas free passage. Cleaning the tubs took care of the problem.

See? I am keeping busy.

Murphyism of the Day

Grimes's Law


Nostalgia is the realization that things weren't as unbearable as they seemed at the time.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

I appreciate people who are civil, whether they mean it or not. I think: Be civil. Do not cherish your opinion over my feelings. There's a vanity to candor that isn't really worth it. Be kind.

-- Richard Greenberg

No comments: