Thursday, October 04, 2007


A Final Look at The Lake...Until Next Spring.

Word of the Day

Demonstrant - Attempting to demonstrate an idea with such enthusiasm that you are perceived as ranting. Also: demonstranting


Just the Rest of Today and a Wake Up Before HTP and I Fly South for the Winter

I'm packed...mostly. HTP backed up all the files on both of our computers. I expect that he'll be eager to break down and pack up the computers next. We need to make a run into the city for some final errands. Plus, I used up the last of our food...or I will after making breakfast this morning. We'll have to grab a bite to eat in the city while we're there. I still need to do the final clean up for the year. We need to load the car with whatever we won't be needing tonight and tomorrow morning. And then we'll try to get some sleep. I never sleep too well on the night before we head off on a big trip. Insomniacs tend to have problems shutting down and going into sleep mode, especially when they've got so many different thoughts running through their brains. No matter how tired one gets, shutting down the volume of these thoughts tends to be rather difficult. Understatement there.

Since I won't have the use of a computer tomorrow morning, or the time to use one even if I did, I'll warn you right now that I probably won't be blogging in the coming days. I will have access to our laptop but I have to share with HTP plus internet connect speeds may make blogging difficult to impossible.

Tomorrow morning you can imagine me frantically packing up those last minute items into the suitcase I'll be dragging into the hotels each night. After that, I'll be frantically packing things from our freezer into our cooler. I'm hoping our cooler will keep things frozen/mostly frozen until we get back to my folks' place. Since I used this same cooler last year, I'm fairly confident that we won't have any problems with frozen stuff thawing out completely and thus, having to be thrown out. I'm changing my methods a wee bit to improve my chances.

Right now? I've got to make one final breakfast for HTP and me. I'm just going to brew one more pot of coffee tomorrow morning for our travel mugs. Something to wash down our breakfast rolls as we toodle down the highway.

Murphyism of the Day

Anderson's Axiom

You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

A fool's brain digests philosophy into folly, science into superstition, and art into pedantry. Hence University education.

-- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)

No comments: