Friday, May 09, 2008


Gypsy at The Lake - May 2008

Word of the Day

Hannibull - Big, fat, mean, human-eating machine.


It's


Graduation


Day!



Congratulations


#1 Son!



#1 Son graduates from college today! Way to Go! HTP and I are driving to The Big City to see him in his cap and gown and take LOTS of pictures. We plan to come back home tonight...well...tomorrow morning. It's a long drive to and from The Big City. Graduation for the 2000 IT graduates concludes at 9 PM. We're going to grab a celebratory late night dinner before returning to The Lake which means that we'll be getting back here REALLY late...or...in reality REALLY early tomorrow morning. Deer Alert! We'll have to watch for kamikaze deer, especially in the wee hours of the morning.

Woodtick Count - 4

Yesterday, Gypsy and I went over to my folks' place for a visit. Afterwards, we went to visit Abby. Sis' big old (really old) black lab. Abby is BIG compared to Gypsy. After the initial "checking this puppy out session", Abby went on to running the perimeter while Gypsy sat quietly between my feet. Safe! She always sits between my feet when she's feeling insecure about things. She even tried to hide between Sis' feet. I think the initial "checking this puppy out session", intimidated her a bit. I thought it was a wise idea to bring her by for a "meet and greet" because Gypsy will be staying at my folks' place for an overnight while HTP and I are in The Big City and Abby lives right next door within a no leash zone. I'm pretty sure that the "checking this puppy out session" will make it possible for Gypsy to move freely off leash while visiting at my folks' place.

Murphyism of the Day

The Sausage Principle


People who love sausage and respect the law should never watch either one being made.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

To see what is right and not to do it is want of courage.

- Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC)

No comments: