Tuesday, May 13, 2008


Gypsy - May 2008

Word of the Day

Hereticat - A cat that chases dogs; or, a cat that likes to swim.


Dental appointments have been made. My folks told HTP and me that they'd made their dental appointments last summer for this spring but HTP and I tend to procrastinate about things like this. Anyway, my folks had their appointment yesterday and it tweaked HTP and me to call the dentist to make our appointments. HTP has his dental appointment today. They fit him in. There's no way that the dentist in Arizona could have "fit us in" for at least three months. The dentist here at The Lake was able to fit HTP in today! An incredibly perky receptionist told me that they could have fit me in later this afternoon but my knee jerk primal fear of dentists (I could hear my inner child screaming in terror), forced me to delay my dental appointment until May 22nd. I can still hear the faint screams of terror but at least the delay puts ME in control. I prefer to be in control of this sort of thing AND I can shove the terror back into the recesses of my mind for a little while longer. In the meantime, I can get busy and floss and brush like crazy so I don't get yelled at for not brushing and flossing as well as they seem to expect these days.

Murphyism of the Day

The Watergate Principle


Government corruption is always reported in the past tense.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind.

- Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC)

No comments: