Sunday, May 18, 2008


My Dwarf Iris are Blooming

Word of the Day

Hingent - Determined or depending on another. Subject to another's jurisdiction.


Still no That Tree Guy. I doubt he'll show up today. At least, I hope he doesn't show up today. This may end up as a Murphyism. He stood us up twice yesterday. He never showed up "early" as promised. Then he called and told me that he was going to see if it was windy here (at the time it wasn't) and he didn't show up for that either. He'd already promised to do the job the other day and didn't show. If I was going by the three strikes rule, HTP and I might be looking for someone else to remove the oak trees...this coming winter. Believe me, the matter is under consideration.

I raked leaves yesterday and hauled them into the woods. After that, I did the first pre-dig of my raised bed gardens to get the weeds out of them before HTP can rototill. Tomorrow? Maybe on Tuesday. We'll see. Tomorrow I'm planning a trip to the nursery. Definitely, no rototilling today.

Back to yesterday, still working off my mad, I picked, cleaned and froze 1 quart of dandelions for wine. Actually, I hadn't planned on making dandelion wine this year but the dandelions were blooming, Gypsy wanted to spend some time outside and I was still angry about That Tree Guy. By this time, it began to rain a bit. Just enough rain to drive Gypsy and me inside. However, after an hour or so...and still no That Tree Guy...Gypsy and I decided to take a walk up the road but it began to rain again so we headed on home.

I had planned to make hamburgers on the grill last night for HTP and me but with the rain the temperatures outside dropped ten degrees. I woke up to 36°F this morning. Last night at dinner time it was 56°F...and it was still raining. Grilling outside with rain isn't fun. So, I made homemade meatballs instead and cooked up a pot of spaghetti.

Today? We're heading to The Big City this morning(A good excuse why we can't rototill the garden today). We'll grab a bite to eat for breakfast on our way. Since we couldn't celebrate Mother's Day with HTP's Mom last Sunday, we decided to celebrate a belated Mother's Day with her this afternoon. Lunch. #1 Son and MC Daughter are going to meet us there.

Gypsy gets to go visit my folks for the day. I think we'll be back here before dark...unlike our last trip to The Big City...but I've got all Gypsy's things packed up for that "just in case" scenario. I noted that my folks found a nice dog bed for Gypsy's visits.

Murphyism of the Day

Evan's Law


If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, then you just don't understand the problem.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Don't laugh at a youth for his affectations; he is only trying on one face after another to find his own.

- Logan Pearsall Smith (1865 - 1946)

No comments: