Monday, May 19, 2008


HTP and I Can Put Our Dock in Now - The Trees are Gone!

Word of the Day

Hipatitis - A terminal coolness contracted by a person that is described as being so cool, he/she would die if left untreated.


A long day in The Big City. Everything went well. We had a nice lunch and chat with HTP's folks, sister and brother and our nieces. We also got to chat for a while with #1 Son and MC Daughter who we hadn't seen since #1 Son's graduation. Last week. #1 Son gave me a huge box of Godiva chocolates which I haven't opened...yet. (200 calories for three pieces! Maybe I can just eat one. I can burn of the calories for just one...right?)

Since we were in The Big City, we took advantage of the added shopping opportunity and made a Costco run. #1 Son and MC Daughter joined us. Lots of food sampling. Yummy. Samples don't have calories. Right?

HTP and I stopped in the city to do a bit more shopping before returning to The Lake to pick Gypsy up at my folks' place. While we were there, my Dad told me that Sis' hubby had heard chainsaw noises (music to my ears?) coming from the north side of the lake. North end? Our place? Huh?! When we got home (north side of the lake), we could see that That Tree Guy had come and gone while we were in The Big City. Five oak trees (yes, the right ones) were felled and chopped into fireplace length logs. Unfortunately, the debris WAS NOT removed. None of the logs were stacked. I foresee a few days of heavy exercise ahead of me. I wish I owned a wood-chipper. It's either that or start a nice fire in my firepit. Maybe when #1 Son comes to visit this Saturday. Thinkin' about it.

Oh well...I'm not going to think about it yet. I'm not touching any of the debris or logs until my garden and Earthboxes are planted....well...all except the two Earthboxes that haven't arrived as yet that I ordered last week. I'll start working on the debris field as soon as the garden and existing Earthboxes are planted. So...it's off to the nursery to pick up plants and seeds,...after breakfast.

Murphyism of the Day

Andra's Political Postulate


Foundation of a party signals the dissolution of the movement.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

I know that there are people who do not love their fellow man, and I hate people like that!

- Tom Lehrer

No comments: