Monday, May 26, 2008


We Need to Rent a Log Splitter


Word of the Day

Honkin - Extremely large, very huge.


Woodtick Count - 12

When MC Daughter and D Buddy got here yesterday, we drove into the city to buy groceries. MC Daughter wanted baking supplies to make a birthday cake for #1 Son.


Happy


Birthday


#1 Son!



We're going to celebrate his birthday this afternoon along with my folks' anniversary.


Happy


Anniversary


Mom and Dad!




#1 Son has baby back ribs all prepped to go into the oven this morning so that all we'll have to do is throw them on the grill to finish them up. Yummy! I bought potato salad to go with them and the cole slaw is ready, marinaded, and all I have to do is add the Miracle Whip dressing. MC Daughter has already started munching on the potato chips and taste-tested the chip dip that I made last night.

MC Daughter got up REALLY early this morning. She's a baker on her day off and she's not used to keeping regular hours anymore. Anyway, she got up at around 4 AM and baked the cake. The smell of chocolate woke me up at my normal wake up time of 6 AM.

I got up to make coffee and found that there was a pot already made. She'd taken care of Gypsy for me too. I could get used to this. The smell of oven-fried potatoes is wafting through the house (again...thanks to MC Daughter). I'll make eggs and Italian sausage to go with them.

MC Daughter and D Buddy have to return to The Big City today. They both work tomorrow. I'll have to make my own coffee tomorrow....unless I can talk #1 Son into getting up early. Oh well...ain't gonna happen but...

#1 Son did haul bark mulch for me yesterday. While in the city, I bought nine more bags of bark mulch. I'm going to wait and spread it on Tuesday...or Wednesday. We'll see. Today is a kick back and relax and celebrate day.

Murphyism of the Day

Mile's Law


Where you stand depends on where you sit.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

- Grace Murray Hopper (1906 - 1992)

No comments: