Sunday, May 11, 2008


The Lake....as it'll look as soon as there are leaves on the trees which won't be for a while yet.

Word of the Day

Headness - To have an abnormally large head.



Happy


Mother's Day


Everyone!



Bummer! I woke up this morning to find that the sticky buns (aka Monkey Bread) hadn't risen. They sat in the pan in a flattened condition. Yes, they did thaw but the yeast must have died sometime over the winter months while the frozen bread rolls had been stored in my freezer. On to Plan B. If Plan B doesn't work, I'm going to "forgidaboudit". There is no Plan C. I've got some bread dough mixing in my bread-maker. I carefully separated the Rhodes bread doughs from my sticky mix and tossed threw them away. I scraped the sticky mix and pecans out of my bundt pan and set it aside. Waste not, want not. Besides, I don't have any more of the butterscotch pudding mix and even if I did I'd be worried that the hot buttery mix might kill the yeast of this new batch of rolls because we're not dealing with frozen dough anymore. I sprinkled some fresh nuts into the bottom of the pan and as soon as the dough is ready, I'll cut it into balls and toss it into the pan along with the sticky mix. It'll have three hours to rise while I bake the ham and then I'll toss the sticky buns (aka Monkey Bread)into the oven to bake for 35 minutes and it'll be time to head over to Sis' place. So...how's your Mother's Day going so far?

Recipe for Overnight Sticky Buns....I've made this recipe dozens of times over the years and it always works...except today.

18 frozen Bridgeford or Rhodes rolls
Pecans
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 small package regular butterscotch pudding mix
1/2 cup margarine

Thoroughly grease bundt pan. Sprinkle pecans in bottom of pan. Melt margarine in microwave and mix with all the other ingredients. Pour heated mixture over rolls. Let sit overnight, unrefrigerated. Bake in morning at 350°F for 35 minutes.

Altered recipe: Recipe for Who Has an Overnight to Wait on Sticky Buns? I'm using my own bread dough from my bread machine. If I were to use this recipe for the "sauce"...I'd melt the margarine in the microwave and mix with all the other ingredients, letting the mixture cool while the bread dough is mixing and rising in the bread machine. It should cool off enough not to kill the yeast by the time the dough is ready to cut up into 18 rolls. Let rise until doubled. Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes. No need to wait. Who needs Rhodes frozen dough at this point? LOL.

Murphyism of the Day

Law of Legislative Action

The length of time it takes a bill to pass through the legislature is in inverse proportion to the number of lobbying groups favoring it.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough.

- Mario Andretti

No comments: