Monday, August 03, 2009


I need to bail out the boat again. Maybe tomorrow.

Word of the Day

Scantwitch - The act of repeatedly trying to scan an item in hopes that one does not have to enter the UPC code by hand.


Woodtick Count of the Day - 42

And so we go from cold and crisp fall weather to mid-summer hot and humid weather...not that I'm complaining. We really need some warmer weather. Plus, I'm enjoying the chance to wear a pair of my capris, one of my sleeveless shirts and a pair of sandals. It's a bit sticky today but I got my gardening done before noon and we closed up the house before it got too oppressive.

I trimmed a lot of the green foliage from my tomatoes this morning. There was a gardening program that recommended getting rid of excessive amounts of foliage. This practice allows better air circulation which can help to keep blight under control. Yes, I've seen a few indications (tell-tale yellow spots) of blight. I've removed any of these leaves that I see and am spraying all my plants with anti-fungal spray but after losing all my plants within a week last year, I'm taking not chances.

We got more rain last night...of course. I bailed out the boat yesterday so...

Murphyism of the Day

Another Old Grey Frog Law Regarding Weather Prediction


If you bail out your boat, it will rain within 24 hours, thus making it necessary to bail out the boat again. This is a self-defeating, circular law.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

The best way to escape from a problem is to solve it.

- Alan Saporta

No comments: