Sunday, August 09, 2009


Two Fawns

Word of the Day

Schlattwhapper - The window shade that allows itself to be pulled down, hesitates for a second, and then snaps up again.


Woodtick Count of the Day - 42

Critter sighting...sightings. Unfortunately, neither HTP or I are as quick as we'd like to be when it comes to grabbing a camera, and, even when we are quick enough, the resultant pictures don't always turn out. However, they are what they are. We missed the picture of the otters cavorting across our driveway this morning before breakfast. We even missed the repeat performance that the otters gave us after breakfast. However, we did catch the family of deer that visited us this afternoon....as well as we could.

On another critter subject, I'm going to have to set a trap out on my deck. I suspect that it's a squirrel that has been visiting my deck to harvest green tomatoes and hot peppers. This cannot be allowed to continue. Whatever it is, takes one or two nibbles and then tosses it aside. I cannot tolerate such waste.

Gardening continues. Despite all my best efforts my tomatoes are showing the telltale signs of blight. However, I refuse to give up. I sprayed all the tomato plants again this morning. My green beans aren't doing as well this year as they did last year. However, though I haven't harvested enough for canning, I have been able to pick several meals of fresh beans to go with meals for HTP and me.

Murphyism of the Day

Old Grey's Law of Photography


There is never a camera available or ready when an Kodak moment presents itself.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Humanity is acquiring all the right technology for all the wrong reasons.

- R. Buckminster Fuller

No comments: