Tuesday, August 11, 2009


One Down, Three to Go

Word of the Day

Schlitzstop - A person that thinks they can play baseball and drink a beer at the same time.


Woodtick Count of the Day - 42

What with Farkle and Farmville...who has time to blog? I'm having enough trouble finding time to cook, clean, take care of my real garden and harvest the raspberries.

Critter capers continue. I've added a raccoon to my critter count. HTP and I transported/deported one very angry raccoon this morning. One of four. I've reset my trap. Last night the quads stopped by my deck for a visit. One, obligingly entered and tripped the trap. The rest drained my oriole feeder and one of my hummingbird feeders. HTP had to chase off the trapped raccoon's siblings twice. Peta doesn't need to worry. HTP and I found a nice bit of woods near a pond where we transplanted our captive. Hopefully, it was far enough away so that I won't see four raccoons up on my deck tonight. My trap is baited in hopes of adding to my critter count.

Murphyism of the Day

Stoeker's Lemma


If your time ain't come, not even a doctor can kill you.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory.

- Rita Mae Brown

No comments: