Wednesday, August 05, 2009



Word of the Day

Scarcasm - Sarcasm that really, really hurts.


Yesterday was Laundry Day. Unfortunately, my dryer wasn't working all that well. When it took two hours to dry the jean/towel load...and it still wasn't dry, I knew that something had to be done. I still had a load of whites in the washing machine, waiting for its turn in the dryer. So...

HTP and I pulled the washing machine out so we could pull the dryer out so we could get at that silver hose thing that runs from the dryer to the wall to the outside. While we had the washing machine and dryer pulled out, it seemed like the ideal time to sweep and mop where I seldom have to the chance to sweep and mop. My laundry room floor is CLEAN. HTP and I pulled out some lint from the silver hose thingy but there wasn't all that much...at least...not enough, in my humble opinion...and HTP's opinion...to stop the dryer from doing its thing (drying clothes). So, I decided to check outside to see if there was a problem at the other end of the silver hose thingy which you really can't see from the outside. Outside, on the other end of the silver hose thingy, there is a white cage like contraption that allows the air to vent to the outside. The cage is there to keep creatures from coming into the house via dryer vent. Anyway, the cage was chuck full of lint. I'm surprised we didn't end up with a dryer vent fire. Of course, in order to empty the white cage contraption, we had to haul out our 10-foot ladder. After removing the cage, I discovered that there was even more lint than I'd thought. Good grief! I pulled it all out but soon realized that I wasn't wearing appropriate attire for cleaning out a dryer vent. What a mess! Plus, I'm not sure why I didn't take the time to turn off the dryer before I decided to clean out that vent. Lint blew out all over me. Not a pretty sight. Oh well...my dryer finally managed to finish up the last two loads of laundry in a much more efficient manner. In other words...it's working.

Me? Remember how I bailed out the boat the other day? Well...it rained again...so...yesterday, I ended up bailing out the boat again. Unfortunately, by the time I'd bailed out the boat, picked the raspberries, fixed the dryer vent (with HTP's help) and finished up doing everything else that day...I didn't feel up to going out fishing anymore. *sigh*

So? I went out fishing after breakfast this morning. Woohoo! I caught my limit of bluegill. We've got fish! I cleaned them all up and HTP helped. He sharpened my fillet knives. Then...I dragged out my crayfish traps and baited them. Waste not, want not. Hopefully, I'll end up with some crayfish in my traps by tomorrow morning. This will be the first time this season that I've gotten my crayfish traps wet. I'll keep you posted.

I really should go out and pick the raspberries again but....I think I've done enough for today.

Murphyism of the Day

Bergen's Law


There's nothing worse than a stupid law.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

The more you find out about the world, the more opportunities there are to laugh at it.

- Bill Nye

No comments: