Saturday, August 15, 2009


My First Ripe Tomatoes - Scarred by Critters but, they're the first.


Word of the Day

Schnelling - The act of adding a comically bad German accent; Injecting the following words or non-words into conversation: "yah, unst, dah, isnt, yavol, uber, dost", etc.; Adding a 'z' sound to any noun.


Woodtick Count of the Day - 42

My raccoon count remains stubbornly at one. The remaining raccoons have learned how to trip the trap without getting caught. However, I've reset the trap and am trying something that I hope will work to block their methods of tripping the trap.

HTP and I are driving to The Big City tomorrow to attend a family reunion. I made Italian pizzelle yesterday to bring as our food contribution. I'm bringing some jams and jellies for the silent auction. I was going to bring a bottle of Italian wine but I only have the one bottle of Italian wine and LOTS of jars of jams and jellies.

I picked my first peppers from the deck garden. I canned three pints of Hot Pepperoncini Pickles and three pints of Hot Cherry Peppers. I fried up four batches of Italian peppers with onion and garlic. I ended up freezing four 3-cup containers of it for future use. I kept the fifth container in the fridge and enjoyed some of the fried peppers this morning with my morning toast.

I've got almost ripe tomatoes on my own tomato plants out on the deck! Woohoo! Finally! If the raccoons pick them before me, I'm getting a gun. One has to draw the line somewhere.

Murphyism of the Day

Levine's Law


You always urinate just before they ask you for a urine sample.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Seize opportunity by the beard, for it is bald behind.

- Bulgarian Proverb

No comments: