Tuesday, September 29, 2009


DD Daughter and Mr. T

Word of the Day

Seriosity - An amount of seriousness that a given subject measures.


Woodtick Count of the Day - 42

Only one more laundry day before we hit the road. The urge to drag suitcases out of the closet and start packing is almost irresistible. However, I've started piling stuff into boxes and I'm busily working on my To Do List and Packing List. Stress is setting in.

The weather was cool enough today that I finally caved in and turned on our furnace...to 65 degrees. Sweaters still work. It didn't freeze last night but 40 degrees felt darn cold to me this morning. I've dug out my winter coat and donned scarf and gloves this morning when Gypsy and I took our morning perimeter walk. It IS supposed to freeze tonight. Sis told me that she and her hubby were planning on picking all the veggies from their garden. I imagine that my folks will have already hauled their container gardens into their green house.

Random Thought of the Day

I think everyone has a movie that they love so much, it actually becomes stressful to watch it with other people. I'll end up wasting 90 minutes shiftily glancing around to confirm that everyone's laughing at the right parts, then making sure I laugh just a little bit harder (and a millisecond earlier) to prove that I'm still the only one who really, really gets it.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Letting your customers set your standards is a dangerous game, because the race to the bottom is pretty easy to win. Setting your own standards--and living up to them--is a better way to profit. Not to mention a better way to make your day worth all the effort you put into it.

- Seth Godin

No comments: