Sunday, September 06, 2009


Giant Puffballs - 2007

Word of the Day

Scrith - The narrow lengths of paper one discards after removing the tear-offs of a package or envelope. Likewise, the edges torn off computer paper after discharge from a continuous feed printer.


Woodtick Count of the Day - 42

Gypsy and I took a hike today. Gypsy loves taking long hikes. She's not to happy about how I tend to veer off the beaten path and into the woods. However, she's adapting to my vagaries. I very seldom take off on a hike without some sort of bucket to collect whatever bounty I might find on my hikes. Blackberries, gooseberries, puffballs. One never knows what one might find. Today I found a nice batch of ripe gooseberries, a hand full of blackberries, and nice bunch of puffballs. I cleaned up the blackberries and gooseberries and froze them for future use. The puffballs tasted wonderful with the steak that I grilled tonight for supper. I haven't found any more giant puffballs since the ones I found in 2007 but these small puffballs, though not as spectacular, are just as tasty.

Random Thought of the Day

More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Sometime they'll give a war and nobody will come.

- Carl Sandburg (1878 - 1967)

No comments: