Monday, September 14, 2009


Ms. En's new baby is bigger than her new brother, Mr. T.


Word of the Day

Scrumptuleasant - Describing a seemingly enjoyable treat that one consumes. But after the fact, one feels nauseous and wants to kill one's self. One with a weak stomach would find such items unpalatable.


Woodtick Count of the Day - 42

I cleared off my countertops in preparation for bottling wine today but...oh well, it shouldn't take much to clear everything off again on Wednesday. Sis was in a pickle, a pickle-making project and couldn't get away to help me bottle wine today. So...looking around me, I decided to mess up my clean kitchen again. I picked more tomatoes. I'll have to can tomatoes again tomorrow. I watered all my plants on the deck. I picked all my pepperoncini and cherry peppers, cleaned them up and pickled them. I decided to hold off on picking the Italian peppers for a bit. I've got some time yet for that.

I made croutons today which heated up the house a bit on a rather sticky, late summer day. I also baked a couple of loaves of bread. I've got to make some stew for Gypsy but I've got time yet for that. However...

Time is fleeting. HTP and I have about three weeks remaining here at The Lake. I've got to start on my To Do List. I want to have the gardens all done, Earthboxes stowed away in the garage and produce canned, pickled, or frozen by the end of this month. The wine all needs to be bottled, labeled and sealed...also, by the end of this month. That's just the tip of the iceberg floating my way in the coming weeks. The few days in October that we'll be here, I want to dedicate to packing and cleaning. HTP has his own To Do List which at times intersects with my To Do List. These intersects can sometimes end up in crashes which can cause delays but...it's to be expected. We do this every year and haven't suffered any fatalities...yet.

Random Thought of the Day

I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly, terribly deceived.

- Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)

No comments: