Wednesday, September 30, 2009


Fall at The Lake. The sky is indeed that blue today.

Word of the Day

Servelence - The sudden lull in conversation that occurs at a table of diners when the food is served.


Woodtick Count of the Day - 42

Packing continues. I've been consolidating things in the boxes I've been packing in the hallway but I'm going to have to put together at least one more box before I can continue with my packing...not to mention suitcases at this point.

I canned two last quarts of tomatoes. HTP and I will enjoy those few tomatoes that I didn't can in salads or on hamburgers. My pressure cooker/canners are all cleaned up and ready for storage until next summer. A friend of mine asked how many gallons of tomatoes I've canned over the summer. I'd never thought of it in those terms. Gallons? I suppose I have canned several gallons of tomatoes in one form or another this summer. V-8 juice, tomato sauce, tomato water, diced tomatoes, piccalilli relish... Gallons! I guess it doesn't add up.

I probably should have brought the hoses in last night...before the temperatures dipped below freezing...but I don't think they were harmed. I did drag the hoses and sprinklers all into the garage after things dried off and warmed up a bit this morning. I also brought in my last hummingbird feeders which have been empty for some time and only seem to be attracting wasps at this point. My windchimes have also been secured and brought inside. I'll miss the gentle sound but with only one week remaining, I can't leave everything on my To Do List until the last minute.

Random Thought of the Day

How the heck are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.

- Jules de Gaultier

No comments: