Monday, September 28, 2009


It's Fall!

Word of the Day

SEO - Search Engine Oaf; one who knows absolutely nothing about search engine optimization and other items related to Internet marketing and the dealings of Internet marketers.


Woodtick Count of the Day - 42

It feels like Fall. There are freeze warnings out for the overnight hours. Since I've already harvested all my crops, I'm not too concerned about the freeze warning. Today was a perfect day to start using the logs HTP and I split and stored out in the garage. It's been a dreary, drippy day which makes it difficult to get motivated. I'm enjoying a lazy day sitting in front of a very picturesque with my laptop. It's a major effort just to add another log to the fire.

However, I did make a batch of Mulligan Berry Jelly from some of the Mulligan Berry Juice that Sis and I canned the other day. Mulligan Berry Juice? Mulligan Berry is a mixture (a stew) of whatever fruit Sis and I have found stored in our freezers at the end of the summer. This year we even added some fruit from my Mom's freezer (from when her fridge died). Mulligan Berry Juice is a mysterious entity and changes depending upon what we find in our freezers. We've made it into wine, juice and now...jelly. If I remember correctly (Correct me if I'm wrong Sis), this year's concoction contains: wild cherries, wild gooseberries (ripe), rhubarb, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, blueberries, and pomegranate seeds. After steam juicing it all, we ended up with 10 quarts of Mulligan Berry Juice. I used one of the quarts to make the Mulligan Berry Jelly. Sis and I plan to brew some of the juice into Mulligan Berry Wine next spring...however, we've decided to cut back on our future wine production. We'll still be making wine but it's a hobby. I'd like to keep it that way. So, if the Mulligan Berry Jelly is a hit, I may make a couple more batches of it next spring...but...I'll still have plenty of the juice leftover to make a batch of wine.

I've got a batch of pizza dough mixing up in my bread-maker. It's Monday night Pizza Night. We're looking forward to watching Big Bang Theory.

Random Thought of the Day

Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the heck was going on when I first saw it.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Just to be is a blessing. Just to live is holy.

- Rabbi Abraham Heschel

No comments: