Thursday, September 03, 2009


Soon to be, Big Sister En

Word of the Day

Scoopulate - 1. The act of scooping all but two of the many pills that poured into one's hand, back into the bottle. 2. The act of trying to get only one noodle out of a pot of boiling water to check for doneness.


Woodtick Count of the Day - 42

I'm trying to get everything done that needs doing before HTP and I get "the call" from DD Daughter or GI Joe that Ms. En's little brother is getting ready to make his big debut. DD Daughter called us to let us know that all signs are in place pointing toward the big debut within the next few days. HTP has gone off to get his hair cut. Me? I just washed my hair. I could use a hair cut too but...it'll have to wait. As soon as HTP and I get the call, we'll toss our suitcases in the car, take Gypsy over to my folks, pick up #1 Son (if the event occurs over the weekend), and head off to meet our first grandson.

I've got a bunch of tomatoes sitting out on my counter, ready for canning but, I'd rather have a few more accumulated before I start canning. The ones on my counter and be transferred to the fridge until the ones I've got sitting by the window are ripe enough for canning.

Murphyism of the Day

Barron's Law


When a doctor gets ill it will be in the area of his own specialty.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function.

- F. Scott Fitzgerald (1896 - 1940)

1 comment:

D. Skippy said...

I still think that he's just toying with us and will show up after my birthday or something.