Saturday, September 19, 2009



Word of the Day

Seductivity - 1. A measurement of one's ability to seduce. 2. A further measurement of ones ability to entice another by physical, logical, or other unregistered means.


Woodtick Count of the Day - 42

Saturday is winding down and tomorrow is Sunday. The wine remains untouched in the buckets that HTP hauled up from the basement. It seems that life is determined to throw out obstacles in our wine-bottling path. However, I did get the piccalilli relish bottled today. I also made two loaves of banana bread. The fruit flies were circling around the aging bananas in an ominous fashion. I had to do something. I also hauled another four boxes of empty wine bottles from the basement. I also discovered that we only have 100 corks. 100 corks may sound like a lot to most people but having reviewed my label history from last year...we corked a lot more bottles than that last summer. *sigh* If...and I'm using the big IF...Sis is feeling better tomorrow and we start our wine-bottling project tomorrow, it may end up as just that...at start....to be continued at some future date....sometime between tomorrow and before the time HTP and I are all packed up and on the road for Arizona.

Murphyism of the Day

Cochrane's Aphorism


Before ordering a test, decide what you will do if it is (1)positive, or (2)negative. If both answers are the same, don't do the test.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

Most people are bothered by those passages of Scripture they do not understand, but the passages that bother me are those I do understand.

- Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)

No comments: