Wednesday, October 14, 2009


My Fountain

Word of the Day

Shiffider - An old person who shuffles along the floor, without seeming to move his or her feet.


I picked a huge laundry basket full of pomegranates. Miracle of miracles, my steam juicer arrived yesterday. I only just ordered it on Monday. That's the fastest I've ever had something I ordered on the Internet come. One day? I'm not complaining but now I'm going to spend the day cleaning pomegranates.

My lemon tree has been uncovered. Since I picked all the pomegranates, I decided to whack back the tree. I now have more tree prunings than will fit in my large garbage can. Good thing garbage pick up will be here tomorrow morning.

Today? I called a couple of landscapers to get a price for a one time lawn clean up...well...maybe a two time yard clean up. Once right now to get rid of all the leaves and dust and maybe trim back a couple plants and once in the spring to clean up after winter kill. We'll see. I may even have them come while we're gone so my poor neighbor doesn't kill herself keeping my yard looking nice....even if she does like working outside.

I also called to get my windows and screens cleaned. The window cleaners are coming on Friday. The screens are brown with desert dust. It'll be nice to have the yard and house looking nice for the winter.

Next? I've got to get my hair cut and Gypsy really needs a trip to the groomers. My bangs are doing that flip up thing. As for Gypsy, she looks like she's wearing hairy mittens. I could trim them myself but PetSmart does a better job.

Random Thought of the Day

Answering the same letter three times or more in a row on a Scantron test is absolutely petrifying.


Noteworthy Quote of the Day


Most people would like to be delivered from temptation but would like it to keep in touch.

- Robert Orben

No comments: