Saturday, October 17, 2009


Steam Juicing at The Lake
My steam juicer here in Arizona barely fits on my stove because of an under the counter microwave oven. I was afraid I'd have to do my steam juicing out on the back patio on the burner of my BBQ grill.

Word of the Day

Shiznit - Crap! Shoot! Darn! Oh man!


There are some days that just don't lend themselves to blogging. Yesterday was one of those days. I started cleaning the remainder of my pomegranates right after breakfast and didn't finish until just before supper at which point I started the juicing process. Three hours later, just before bedtime, I ended up with another 3 1/2 quarts of pomegranate juice and cleaned up my juicer.

In the meantime, the window cleaners came and made my windows and screens look wonderful. I already heard on bird hit one of the windows. I'm not sure which window but...I haven't looked. There were no dead birds on my patio this morning so it couldn't have hit the window all that hard.

Then, I had a landscaper over to do a one time yard clean up. *sigh* He got here at 5:30 PM and he was supposed to bring a friend. He came by himself. Unfortunately, it was dark by the time he finished so...I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt at this point. I called him this morning and left a message on his machine. I either paid way too much money for the job he did or he'll be honest and come back to complete the yard clean up. I'm holding out hope that he'll come back and finish the job. HTP doesn't think we'll hear from him again. *sigh*

Gypsy and I took a morning walk around the neighborhood. I bumped into the neighbor who owns the prickly pear cactus. She again assured me that I could pick her prickly pear fruit any time that I liked. I may go over and pick some today after I go to the grocery store to pick up more jar lids. I've been "canning" all the juice I've been making...or...not actual canning. More like how I can my jams and jellies. The juice is so hot when it comes out of the juicer that the jars seal. I figure the juice will stay OK, sealed, until my yeast arrives next week. At least, I hope it arrives next week.

Random Thought of the Day

How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear what they said?

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

The real power behind whatever success I have now was something I found within myself - something that's in all of us, I think, a little piece of God just waiting to be discovered.

- Tina Turner

No comments: