Tuesday, October 20, 2009


Neptune Aqua Club Picture of HTP and Old Grey Frog (and DD Daughter) - September 1978?

Word of the Day

Sho - Ghetto slang. Sure; Certainly.


My day started at 5:30 AM when my daughter, Sarge, called me from Texas. Nothing was wrong...she just forgot about the time difference between Texas and Arizona. Believe it or not, Texas shares the same time zone as Wisconsin. There's a two hour time difference between Texas and Arizona. I never did get back to sleep after that. Adrenaline. It takes a while to force your heart out of your throat and back down into your chest where it belongs. Sarge called me back at around 7:30 AM to apologise for waking me up. By that time, I was up and about. Actually, if she'd called me at 6 AM, I would have been up. I tend to get up pretty early...probably because I don't have to get up early.

By 7:30 AM, I already had the laundry sorted, on load in the dryer and another load washing. Gypsy had already been fed and my kitchen was in order. I'd just cued up my laptop and was about ready to start farming in FarmVille when she called. My farm was put on hold. Real live family trumps Facebook.

My wine-making continues. The yeast has been added to the brew...or "hooch"...as Sarge has called it. Apparently, Sarge has had to confiscate batches of "hooch" that the prisoners like to brew up if they can get away with it. Like that's going to happen under Sarge's nose. She tells me that the stuff smells incredibly bad. A couple of the inmates twitted her about it when she moved their confiscated "hooch" to her office so it could be disposed of by a higher authority. Did they actually think she planned to drink that stinky stuff? She told them that the "hooch" that her Mom makes is lots better than what they could ever come up with. "Your Mom makes hooch?" I'm developing quite the reputation out in Texas...and I've only just driven through the panhandle. However, if I do have to say so myself, I do make good "hooch".

Random Thought of the Day

As you get older, it's harder to tell navy from black.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

There is no security on this earth, there is only opportunity.

- General Douglas MacArthur (1880 - 1964)

No comments: