Sunday, October 25, 2009



Word of the Day

Shriting - To form poor, unreadable symbols or letters on a surface such as paper. It often is described as writing to the one who wrote the symbols, but to others it is considered to be in poor taste. This form of writing is often so bad that others must ask the writer about each individual squiggle.


My first batch of pomegranate wine and my prickly pear cactus wine are all set with air-locks and won't need further attention until the end of November. The morning was spent working on my wine projects. I started a second and final batch of pomegranate wine...for this year. After I get this final batch of wine air-locked, I won't need to do anything more with the wine until the end of November. However, I'm going to have to start collecting bottles so I'll have something to put this new wine in come April.

My new/used breadmaker isn't working out. Apparently, there is something wrong with the shaft that drives the paddle that kneads the dough. However, the parts are worth more than the whole. It looks like I can cannibalize the breadmaker...selling the various parts...and get more than what I paid for the thing. On the other hand, HTP is still looking into how to fix it. I'm not in a hurry. My other breadmaker is working just fine and I may employ my KitchenAid to stand in as a second bread-maker. Quite frankly, our home (my kitchen in particular) here in Arizona isn't all that big. I still hadn't found a place to store this new-used breadmaker for the times when it wasn't being used. Having said all that, I managed to bake two loaves of bread today...despite a malfunctioning new-used breadmaker.

When you own your own home, there always seems to be something that needs fixing. HTP and I discovered, shortly after we got here, that the fan in our living room was working. HTP did some research and he "thinks" he can fix it. Unfortunately, it looks like the problem is that the fan needs a new circuit board. *moan* Thankfully, HTP knows how to install the new one. The new circuit board isn't cheap but I shudder to think how much a repair person would charge to install it. HTP will be able to fix the fan himself...with my help...with "no tribble at all". Knock on wood.

Random Thought of the Day

A day without sunshine is like night.

Noteworthy Quote of the Day

An ostentatious man will rather relate a blunder or an absurdity he has committed, than be debarred from talking of his own dear person.

- Joseph Addison (1672 - 1719)

No comments: